Friday, August 18, 2006

Snack Burgers

I might be repeating myself saying that I like to look into the fridge to see what else is left in there and use it up before it goes bad. That's how those little burgers turned out which I served as an appetizer.

I posted another type of snack a while ago while being in Pasadena. Check it out here.



Ingredients:

eggplant slices
tomato slices
feta cheese slices
dried oregano
freshly ground salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
black olives, pitted


Instructions:

Preheat the oven to about 400 F. (200 C.)

Place the eggplant slices on a non-stick surface on a grid that will go into the oven. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt.

Put the feta cheese slices on top and add a few drops of olive oil. Next come the tomato slices, seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper.

Cut the olives in half and decorate the snack burgers with one olive each and once again, sprinkle with olive oil.

Place them into the preheated oven and bake until the tomatoes start to build a little crust.

Enjoy with some bread as an appetizer or a snack instead of chips.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Wow, it has been a while Dan, I apologize...Things have been so busy and I have been moving around a little.

I was pulling some things out of a box the other day and I stumbled onto the little jar that the Buddha's Hand Jam had come in and the first thing that popped in my head was Dan's Kitchen and boy some of that jam would be good right now...

I just wantwed you to know I haven't forgotten about ya' and that as soon as I get settled again, I will be calling upon you for some more Hand Jam, I really did love it, later...

Blu~

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

BTW...The little burgers look great, I may have to try them, hmmmm? Maybe sooner than I think the recipe is pretty simple...

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger sooishi said...

they are so cute!
Bravo!
Are you swiss?
I'm from Lausanne :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home